Through technology development and a continuing focus on innovation, the company works every day to achieve its core mission: to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.
The company's philosophy is never settle for the best. "The perfect search engine," says Google co-founder Larry Page, "would understand exactly what you mean and give back exactly what you want."
Google is achieving their mission by following the ten philosophies:
1. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
2. It's best to do one thing really, really well.
3. Fast is better than slow.
4. Democracy on the web works.
5. You don't need to be at your desk to need an answer.
6. You can make money without doing evil.
7. There's always more information out there.
8. The need for information crosses all borders.
9. You can be serious without a suit.
10. Great just isn't good enough.


7 comments:
I agree with you that Google has the best search engine that I have ever used. Also, Google's mission statement is so simple, clear and easy to understand. Google targets on corporate clients and individuals who want to search the world's information in different languages. As now, I think that Google has provided a lot of useful information to students, professionals, and so on.
HI!
I had never looked at Google's mission statement before I read your blog. Now that I have seen it, i think its one of the best ones i have read. I like it because it is simple, down to earth, and effective. The first one " focus on the user" is what makes them so successful in my opinion. I can only imagine that a lot of effort has to go into figuring out what people what when they type certain things into search. I also like 6. You can make money without doing evil. Its hard sometimes to believe mission statements or company's when we see things like Enron or other company's that have caused alot of commotion. Lastly,7. There's always more information out there....that shows that they are dedicated to continually improving and keeping things fresh. I really enjoyed your post!! Thanks!
I have always used google as one of my search engines. I agree that it is simple to use, fast and provides accurate information. I like two of their philosophies. "Fast is better than slow", shows that they are committed to provide their users with valuable information right away that is accurate. Another one that i like is, "There's always more information out there" indicates that no matter what their users are looking for they will provide them with the information.
Hello!!! I use Google all the time, everytime I need to search for anything, Google is the search engine that I choose. I love their mission statement, it is SO straight foward and easy to understand. I enjoyed reading their 10 philosophies, and I have to agree with Catherine's comment, philosophy # 6 stands out the most. Now days nobody thinks like that anymore lol
Like many others, I always use Google when I am searching for something online. I find that they have very good people working in the company to ensure that their searches are relevant to what you originally searched for.
I think their mission statement is clear and right to the point. In reference to making it universally accessible, I find this true because there are different versions of Google for different countries. Again, I believe that Google successfully organizes information well on their website. With so much technological advances ahead of us, I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us in the future.
Hello, I believe google's mission statement is perfect for the audience. Its precise, to the point and provides with the main goal of the business. Besides, I think there should have been a few words on its expansion into different fields such as google has, google maps, language translating tools etc, along with a statement which would encourage investors to invest in google.
I've just read some people's mission statements. I felt Google and Dell have some similarities in presenting and expressing their missions. It is clear and precise. Like Dell, Google also lists all their philosophies to
run the business. In my opinion, Google is one of the most convenient search engines. So I agree with your analysis of this mission statement.
Post a Comment